Single Channel Video. 8:41 minutes. 2016.
Playing with direct confrontation, a solo dancer searches for enlightenment through cycles of repetition. Infused with strength, emotional intuition, and fierce intellect, she embraces her own demure fragility. She is at moments elusive; we just catch the curve of her spine in profile, the arch of her feet, bend of her knees, her hips rocking back and forth. Her movements, shapes, and the universal space are both foreign and familiar, and flow into an archetype of wholeness.
Produced and Directed by Jessica Gomula-Kruzic. Starring Jennifer Mellor, choreography by Pauline Jennings, music by Sean Clute, with Alan Zucker as DP, Alisha Mccutcheon as Camera Operator, Bob Sitzwohl as Lighting Director, Ren Long as Grip, Matthew Harvey as Assistant Director, Wendy Hanson Dispennette as Makeup Artist, Nicole Zvarik as Dancer Assistant, and Chris Kruzic as DIT.
- 2018: Austin Spotlight Film Festival. Austin, TX.
- 2017: Pembroke Taparelli Arts and Film Festival, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2017: Cinema New York City. New York, NY.
- 2017: Award of Recognition, Best Shorts Competition, Women Filmmakers, 2017.
- 2017: Complicit Participants. Turlock, CA.
- 2016: DOUBLE VISION @ City Hall. Montpelier, VT.
- 2016: 30th Scary Cow Film Festival. San Francisco, CA.