The Spaces Within
Single Channel Video. 6:03 minutes. 2022.
Site-specific choreography embodies the Yi Jin Jing movement form while responding to it from a contemporary perspective, creating a visual poem with dancers solidly rooted in the ground while embracing emptiness; a yin and yang of holding firm and opening up.
- 2023: Cine Paris Film Festival. Paris, France. Award Winner.
- 2023: Kalakari Film Festival. Dewas, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- 2023: LOGIHQ International Happiness Film Festival & Exhibition. New Delhi, India.
- 2023: Mannheim Arts and Film Festival. Mannheim, Germany. Award Winner.
- 2023: Madonie Film Festival. Sicily, Italy. Award Winner.
- 2023: The North Film Festival. Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2023: Kiez Berlin Film Festival. Berlin, Germany. Award Winner.
- 2023: Berlin Indie Film Festival. Berlin, Germany.
- 2022: Your Way International Film Festival. Paris, France.
- 2022: 17th Cyprus International Film Festival. Larnaca, Cyprus.
- 2022: Delight of Hidden Spaces. Faculty Development Center, Stanislaus State. Turlock, CA.
- 2022: Reel East Texas Film Festival. Kilgore, Texas.
- 2022: Vesuvius International Film Festival. Campania, Italy. Finalist.
- 2022: Zensa Media International Film Festival. Montréal, Québec, Canada. Finalist
- 2022: Mokkho International Film Festival. Pondicherry, India. Award Winner. .
Produced & Directed by Jessica Gomula-Kruzic
Performances by Nicole Zvarik & Brandon Guerra
Choreography by Nicole Zvarik & Brandon Guerra
Audio Design by Sean Clute
Cinematography by Christopher Gomula-Kruzic